Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Avery Lorraine is her name.

Sunday night there was a thunder storm.

Avery assumes her spot in "daddy's" bed.

A: mom! did you hear that! mom! another big boom! mom! its thunder! mom! are the clouds smashing together? mom! its flashing again! mom! its so bright! mom! what is lightning coming from! mom!...

M: mmmm...uuuhhhh...hhhmmmmmm...

Over an hour later:

A: mom! still more thunder! mom! i hear more! mom! what was that!...

J: AVERY! IF YOU DON'T STOP TALKING AND LIE DOWN I AM TAKING YOU BACK TO YOUR OWN BED!

(Judd has never talked to Avery in anything more than a coo in her entire life.)

A: (eyes wide) Mom...Dad is not kidding around.

And she sleeps.

5 comments:

  1. ha.. I am happy you decided to do a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to more Avery conversations being documented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute...I love hearing what comes out of her mouth- always a surprise. Isn't it funny what dad's can get them to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey court!!! I am so excited you made a blog! I need to call you. I just got back in town at midnight last night. oh and i love this post. that girl is so funny!

    ReplyDelete