Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Stuff My Kid Says


It's the beginning of The Little Mermaid.  The ship is caught in a giant storm.  Avery turns to me worriedly"

"Mom! I wish they had a Liahona!"


Avery is eating leftover pasta for lunch.
Examining a red pepper:

A: Mom, these peppers are really sweet.

M: Yep, they are.

A: The pepper really enhances the flavor of the pasta.  (big sigh) This is the best lunch I never had.


We are sitting in the Drs office.  I notice our hair is up the same way.

M: Avery, you look like me today.

A: Really!  Is my hair brown!

M: No, just up the same.

A: Darn...When I grow up like you Mom, I will be able to cut vegetables with a sharp knife, and drive a mini van.

Because my best job is cutting veggies with a sharp knife.  And don't forget the mini van. Ha!


It's father's day and Avery is standing at the front of the Chapel ready to sing songs to Dad.  The first song begins and she realizes she doesn't know it very well.  She stands there very distraught.  The second song begins and to her delight, she knows this one.  Somehow there is a little stool right in front of her - she steps up on it and announces loudly to the congregation:

"DAD!  I know this one!  I'm going to sing it to you!!"

And she sings as loud as she can.  So stinken cute.


Avery walks in the kitchen to say hi:

J: I love you Avery.

A: Well, I DOUBLE love you dad!


2 comments:

  1. SOOOO Cute! Diana and I actually laughed out loud at most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man these are all laugh out loud funny!!! I love that girl and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete